Pages

Being Together!

Being Together!
All of us!

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

More Change

It seems only right to write something about change today!  There has been a lot of it over the past few days!  Here in Canada we now have a Majority government, depending who you are, will determine how you feel about these changes!
There has been a big royal wedding aswell as the death of a wanted man.  In parts of the states, there is change to the landscapes as many try to rebuild their lives.  Here at home our snowy days have changed to rain!  In parts of the country there is flooding and people being forced out of their homes.
It is said "the only thing we can count on is change."  I guess that is true.  With many changes, we have little to no controll over the outcome and that maybe the hardest part of it all. I have often said to my children, "you can't choose whether to go through it or not, but you can choose the attitude you will have." (You can imagine how well this is received!) And they are quick to give me the same advice!
So, I have had the desire to create some changes of my own~ to gain a bit of control maybe?! I have added and rearranged pictures on my blog, I have tried a couple of new recipes, I bought a new rug for my front room, I changed my bedding from winter to summer...just to name a few.
Please don't think that I am trying to make light of the craziness that is going on in many lives around me.  I hope and pray all will be well for those going through heartache. I can't imagine having to leave my home wondering if it will still be standing when I return.  I am grateful every night when all of my family is tucked into their beds safe and sound. 
Change doesn't always have to bring heartache. I am grateful when winter turns to spring, spring to summer, summer to fall and back to winter. (I really do enjoy snow!)  I love when school is out and I have my children home all summer, I am happy again when fall comes and they are all back to school!! I was happy when the terrible twos gave way to the fabulous fours (Yes, my children took 2 years to get through that stage!) I love watching them change and grow into young adults with great ideas and amazing minds! 
I look forward to the teen years with all that that involves, I am excited to see them choose their own path and seize the moment.  I hope that they will create goodness where ever they go!
There can come strength with change, we are stretched and forced out of our comfort zone.  We must choose to act or react.  We see our lives in a different way and this might be just what we need!
So today, as you embrace the changes in your life, I hope that you might find the hope in it, I know I hope to!

2 comments:

  1. Jenn, I really have to comment on this blog. Your writing skills are amazing. I love reading your thoughts and thinking about you write. You are a great writer....you put your ideas down so professionally. ;)
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often."
    Winston Churchill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sheila!~ (blush) I love the quote! That is so true!

    ReplyDelete