Pages

Being Together!

Being Together!
All of us!

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Optimism

Wow, two weeks have gone by since I last posted.  Crazy how time flies. 
It is still raining here in New Brunswick.  I have got to say it's getting really old.  Hard to get motivated to do anything.  We did get some water in our basement.  About an inch in most of it.  As I was cleaning up and grumbling a bit, my oldest son, Nathan said, " Mom it could always be worse, we could be in Japan, Quebec or Manitoba."  Thank you Nathan!  Way to put things into perspective.  I stopped complaining and began to be grateful. We caught it quickly, nothing was really damaged. I had to throw out a couple of books and clean up was pretty quick.  I have NOTHING to complain about.
Yet, there seems to be a blanket of tiredness covering out little part of the world.  Everyone I talk to is tired, tired of the weather, the damp and cold, the long winter and spring, just tired.  We are all hoping to see the sun.  Amazing how our environment affects us. 
It makes me even more in awe over those who face real devastation and can still be cheerful or at least optimistic.  How do we become that kind of a person?  Is it naivety, faith, a choice? Maybe a bit of all of those?  It is wonderful and can be inspiring.  So my challenge today is to find someone who carries these traits and see if I can find out their secret.  If it's you, maybe you could share your tips!  I would love to know, I could really use a boost.  No more than the many who have lost their homes, and livelihood. 
I hope you have an optimistic day, I hope to!

P.S My heart goes out to all who have been evacuated from their homes for flooding, fire or storms.  I hope that all might turn out well for you.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment