Pages

Being Together!

Being Together!
All of us!

Monday, August 22, 2011

Focus Jenn, Just Focus!

It has been such along time without writing and I have been going stir crazy because of it!  I have decided that I need to write everyday on something. So here I am.
I am amazed that the summer is just about over and that the kidlets will be heading back to school in just a couple of weeks.  Where did the time go?  But I have to admit I am looking forward to the routine that that will bring.  I love having the kids home, but I am tired of the craziness of summer that I so look forward to in June!
This time of year also makes me want to learn and to grow.  I guess all of those years of backpacks and lunchboxes have ingrained in me the need to refocus as the weather begins to cool. I long to shop for boxes of crayons, packs of lined paper and new spiral notebooks.  I am sharpening pencils, setting new goals and shopping for new socks and running shoes.
This year I have decided to focus on just four areas of growth. (just 4!) Back to my roots with a generations project, a homemade Christmas with a focus on the true meaning of the season, loving the space I am in~creating beauty and order, and getting back to the land.  I have been blessed with a wonderful piece of earth that I would love to enjoy more than we do now. 
Of course each one of these areas is packed full of little projects of their own and I can hardly wait to get to each of them.  I hope it goes better then the "No T.V" has gone this summer.  Who knew that the summer would be the toughest time to be T.V free?  It has been really hard and we have out right failed many days. I decided that the point of this project was not to become a cranky mother, but to build happy memories, so instead of losing it when I found one of the kids watching Heartland on the computer or a movie on the big tube in the living room, I chose to encourage and roll with it. The fall has got to be better!  I hope it's gone better at your house!
Maybe that is part of the reason I have been away from the laptop so much.  The other being that we did go on some fun adventures!  But again it is time to refocus and get back on track.  I am going to enjoy the summer we have left and look forward to warm woolen sweaters, evenings by the fireplace, yummy apple crisp and a chance to learn and grow.
I hope you have chance to regroup, I plan to!

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful read, so inspiring! Good work Jenn, please don't ever stop writing I enjoy it so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the encouragement. You have no idea how much it means!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just keep on doin what you guys are doin Jenn. I still think you have a marvelous family.Maybe someday we can all get together by that fireplace of yours & listen or watch a conferance or something. I was not evesdropping, but I overheard MacKenzie telling the Elders about your family watching the conferance & that would be great. Including the treats & the popcorn Heh Heh Hope your family has a great week & the kids have a great start to a great year of school

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doug we will have to get together in April. October was kind of crazy for me. We will plan on it!

    ReplyDelete