Pages

Being Together!

Being Together!
All of us!

Thursday, September 1, 2011

September!

Well, here it is the first day of September!  I LOVE this time of year.  I love the cooler evenings, the preparations for school, the anticapation of apple pie, cozy woolen sweaters and the feeling of new beginnings that seem to be in the air.  I have already talked about my plans for the school year.  I am looking forward to the big yellow school bus stopping at the end of the driveway so that I can get to it.
I had a bit of a cranky afternoon yesterday.  I'm not sure why, I was just a bit snappy.  At one point I said to Nathan that I was sorry for being grumpy and that I wasn't sure what was wrong with me.  He shrugged at me and said "It's no big deal Mom, you always get like this just before school is about to start!"
Smart-aleck. 
I admit it, I am ready to get my house back in order and set up our routine again.  We have been eating crazy food at crazy times.  The pile of laundry that is invading my laundry room is incredible.  Lets not even mention the family of dust bunnies that are living under the couches and beds!
But I am getting ahead of myself.  We still have a long weekend of carefree days ahead of us!  Bonfires, walks on the beach, the smell of the sea, ice cream cones and late nights.
A few more days to enjoy just being together.
I hope you enjoy this first day of September, I plan to!

No comments:

Post a Comment