Pages

Being Together!

Being Together!
All of us!

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Freedom

So how did yo do with the challenge?  Were you able to be screen free for the week? A few days? A day?  An evening?  Did you find it hard to do?
I did really well for the first part of the week and then had to check out an email that was important, and look up a motel # so I could book a room.  Amazing how much we use this technology in our daily lives.  I really missed posting on here! 
On the other side, I found it a bit liberating to ignore my emails and face book everyday.  I enjoyed the power that it seemed to give me.  A bit of freedom!  Funny, really when I don't have anyone standing over me making me check these things.  I don't really know what the difference was...I also found I had more patience with everyone around me.  I could feel the difference in our home.  I also read a book, and finished another. 
Here we are at the end of April and I have found I need to reevaluate where I am! To check in and see how I am using this "blessing", we call technology!  Only four months after deciding to go T.V free.  Perhaps I have replaced my T.V time with computer time?!  Maybe it is a good idea to check in quarterly just to see who is running who!
So, I am going to continue to hold on to this new bit of freedom and not check my emails and face book every chance I get.  I am going to take this little reminder and refocus.  I hope you will do the same.  Don't be afraid to take it to the next level.  Whether that is going T.V free for the year, the month, the week, a day, an evening, maybe it's turning off the computer more... Whatever it might me, I hope you will find the courage to go for it!  You deserve it!
Hope you have a bit of freedom today!  I plan to!

3 comments:

  1. Tomas, start small! It doesn't have to be a whole year, start with an evening, even one show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in, you are right about the freedom part with face book. Today I kept myself away from it and will do so more and more. I have to check back and read your last post but I can't believe how this has taken over my life! I have let things slide around here but intend to reread this post and the last one I missed. Thank you for the inspiration!! I will be back to post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a great time to start. The weather is getting nicer and the transition doesn't seem so hard when you can be gardening or out for a wals or bike ride! I am glad that you are enjoying your freedom!!

    ReplyDelete