Pages

Being Together!

Being Together!
All of us!

Monday, March 21, 2011

Ohh The Contrast!!

This past week has been full of traveling.  One of my favorite things to do much to my dear husbands dismay!  On Wednesday we all piled into the van and headed to Dieppe; Destination Crystal Palace!  It is an indoor amusement park.  There is a roller coaster, the swings, a carousel and all kinds of other typical rides and games.  We had a great time.  Just before lunch however, Colin got a text on his cell phone from my cell phone!  Yup, I had had it in my pocket on the roller coaster and it had fallen out.  The person on the other end, wanted a reward to give back my phone and if not, they were going to destroy it. 
It was one of the most frustrating experiences.  There was nothing I could. Even the security guard couldn't do anything.  We were pretty sure it was a group of teenagers, we could see them and do nothing but cancel the phone and move on. 
That is what we did.  It was later turned into security without a battery and a scratch down the screen. 
I felt frustrated and annoyed.  They had called me names and talked like I was the evil one for not doing what they said to do.  It bothered me for a couple of days.  I guess I am the kind of person who likes justice!  There wasn't any justice to be had that day. I couldn't help but wonder where the world was going.  Where are these kids learning that black mail and theft was okay? (It couldn't be from the T.V they are watching or from the games they are playing, could it?)

On Saturday, I piled my van full of other teens I know and love. We headed to St. John NB for a youth activity.  There were over 200 kids there from 12 ~ 18 years of age.  I just can't explain the feeling that was present.  There was respect, there was hope and there was optimism.  As I sat and observed this great group of youth, I found the contrast amazing!  One offered the world and the other so much more!  These kids seemed to have it figured out.  The happiness and joy could be seen on most of their faces.  They filled me with hope for the future!  

I am grateful for youth who take the time to recognize the goodness that can be had in the world and choose to make it a better place.  I am grateful for those youth who are brave and choose to make a positive difference in this great world of ours!  If you know a young person who does this, I hope you will let them know what a great job they are doing!  Give them a big pat on the back and enjoy the hope of the future! 

To the other youth, who are still trying to find something to fill the void, I hope you can find the courage to make a stand and do what you know to be good and right!  I know that there is amazing greatness in you, grab hold and feel the joy!

Have an Optimistic Day, I plan to!

No comments:

Post a Comment