I have gone to the store and to the shed to gather all that I need and have planted some little seeds! (Seeds of hope and faith that the warm weather must be coming soon!) It was wonderful to get my hands in the dirt and the smell of freshly watered soil is just what I needed! Some of these little babies have sprung forth and are stretching toward the sunlight. I feel I am trying to do the same. It makes me think that maybe my whole family is stretching forth. Reaching for something better than what is offered in the way of media. (Oops, sorry we are going for practical...)
So here is the practical. If it is still cold and snowy at your house and you are racking your brain trying to come up with something to do that doesn't involve the Telly, here are some suggestions!
- Plant some seeds!
- Turn up the heat, dig out your shorts and put them on!
- Throw together a potato salad, uncover the BBQ and have hamburgers (see Nate's creation if you need some inspiration!)
- Shovel off the deck and sit out there between 2:00 and 2:30 if it is in the sun you should enjoy some warmth!
- Go bird watching, I have heard there are some robins in the area! And I spotted some mourning doves!
- Start spring cleaning??? If you think it will help!
- Get a pedicure
- Visit a Maple Syrup set up.
- Wash your bedding and hang them on the line. They will dry eventually and smell so great!
- Open the windows!
- Look through a seed catalogue and plan your yard!
Hope you have a Spring filled day, I plan to!