Pages

Being Together!

Being Together!
All of us!

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

In Memory of Good Old Movies!

It is just about the end of February already!  Where does the time go?  I have to say that this month was harder then the last to get through without turning the T.V on.  I am sure it has something to do with the storms we have had and the tradition that cosing in usually includes watching a good movie or three!
The other night while sitting around the table eating supper, someone said something that led us into quoting most of the Princess Bride movie! This is a classic at our house and we just about know it by heart!  Last night it was the Pink Panther movie.  Nathan and Mackenzie had Jacob and Colin and me in stitches!  Who knew they knew it so well? They had the accent down perfectly and just played off each other like they had rehearsed it!  So funny but a bit scary when I think of the movies out there that could become ingrained in their minds! Maybe someone needs to create a movie with the times tables worked into it! hehe
I am looking forward to March.  We still have a bit of winter to get through in our part of the world!  I am perusing seed catalogues and dreaming of the day I can get my hands into the dirt.  Until then we will enjoy the beauty of the season and the memories of all of those good old movies!
Hope you have a great day!  I plan to!

2 comments:

  1. This is so funny. I love the Princess Bride.....my boys, well, not so much. I get so excited when I see something referencing it but they just roll their eyes. In fact I bought the book because Zachary, my youngest, and I still read books at night so i thought this would be perfect....nope....no dragons, or wizards.
    The Pink Panther, that is a movie they love and when ever we talk about it we are in stitches as well. It is funny what kids minds remember and what they forget.....movies vs times tables...hmmmmm?!
    Great post. I am loving following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Tammy! I am so glad that you are enjoying the blog! I am so sad that your boys don't appreciate The Princess Bride as much as you do! It's Inconceivable! (Sorry I couldn't help myself!)

    ReplyDelete