Pages

Being Together!

Being Together!
All of us!

Sunday, February 27, 2011

A Lesson Learned!

I am putting myself our on a bit of a limb here.  I don't really like to show my "less than perfect" side,(you can stop laughing now!)  but I think I must. 
So here it goes, I must confess that I tend to be a bit jealous at times.  I have had moments when I have found it hard to be happy for someone else who has what I want.  When my cousin got the cabbage patch doll with the blond hair and blue eyes, after waiting for so long and I think she even had to pay for it herself; my doll, the one that I had received as a gift when they were first new, from my dear Mother, who sacrificed to buy it, didn't seem quite as wonderful anymore.  And I remember I could hardly congratulate my dear cousin.  Yikes!  But, I have since seen the error of my ways and Mom if you are reading this, I love Bianca!  Thank you so much for giving her to me!!! And congratulations my dear cousin!  I truely hope that you enjoyed every moment!
Okay, so why am I confessing this to you? Because today I came across something that only a couple of months ago would have caused those same feelings, but instead I discovered that I really like where I am and who I am! 
Last year I heard a podcast from a woman who had everything I wanted.  She was an author, a photographer, the mother of 5, Yes! I have always wanted 5 children, she was living in a cool place, and in general, seemed happy and loving her life! I don't begrudge her her joy, but I do remember feeling cranky after hearing her story. 
Well, I just stumbled upon a little clip of her talking about her blog.  She has a beautiful family, a lovely home, she even has the cool world map on the wall in her dining room!!! She is still an author, a talented photographer, she still has 5 beautiful children, BUT, I didn't feel envious of her this time.  I had great joy for who she is, what she is doing and I also realized WHY!
I am in a much better place these days. Instead of seeing what I lacked, I saw what was possible! I am living more of my authentic life, if you will.  And I can see and feel the joy and contentment it is bring me.  Is it just a coincidence that this joy and contentment has come about at the same time I have decided to turn off the T.V and get a life?  I don't think so. 
I believe that turning off the television has given me what I need to reach my own goals and to live the life I have always wanted! It has given me the quiet I need to hear what the possibilities might be and the time to see those possibilities unfold. I am grateful for this gift that I am giving to myself and to my family.  I hope that you are able to do the same!
Have an authentic day, I plan to!

2 comments:

  1. Jenn I love reading your posts,and I am going to take time to read all of them. I just had to let you know how you inspire me so and that I love your blog! Aunt Bev
    I used anonymous to post this, only easy way for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, thank you Aunt Bev! I am glad you are enjoying it so much! Thank you for posting!

    ReplyDelete