Pages

Being Together!

Being Together!
All of us!

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Alone with....My Thoughts? AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

When I watched T.V I would try to do something with my hands like knit.  I hadn't picked up the needles since before Christmas, until yesterday while trying to take my own challenge of doing something I hadn't in a while.  It is a completely different experience knitting in silence!  If you google it, you can find many sites that claim knitting is a great meditation tool. Who knew? 
As I sat on my cozy couch yesterday beside Hogan (my dog) after a bit of a stressful morning, I was amazed at how relaxing it was to knit.  I also noticed my thoughts.  Since there was nothing to fill the silence my thoughts seemed to come through loud and clear!  When was the last time you were alone with your thoughts? Sometimes we are so plugged in that it is hard to hear someone yelling at you much less the still small whisperings of your conscience or the musings of your own thoughts.  You might be amazed at what you hear. 
This morning after taking a bit of time to "meditate" (don't be afraid of the word!) I actually went and did some little projects that had been nagging at me, but that I had been blocking out.  I feel much better!  That stress is gone! 
So what is it you are trying to tell yourself?  What things do you really want to be doing?  You might just want to unplug for a minute and listen!
Hope you have an insightful day!  I hope too!

No comments:

Post a Comment