Pages

Being Together!

Being Together!
All of us!

Monday, January 31, 2011

Life's Miracles!

My Dear husband came home last week and said he thought we should go to Halifax! It was exactly what I needed after my last post!  So we packed our bags, took the kids out of school on Friday and headed off to Nova Scotia.  It was wonderful.
But do you know what we do when we stay in a motel?  Do you know what the first thing my kids want to turn on?  Yup,the T.V!  In the past we would visit some new town with great things to see and I couldn't get the kids away from the television.  I must add here that it has been a very long time since we have had cable and we have never owned a satellite, so the pull of  T.V shows is pretty strong for these guys who never get to watch them!  (There were always plenty of movies being watched!)
Well I am here to tell you that the T.V was NOT turned on once for the 2 days we were away!  I was resigned to the fact that this would be our one day of the month that they could watch any show they wanted.  But they had a movie they wanted to watch and decided they didn't want to give that up for a T.V show!  It was amazing!  We easily got out of our room and went to visit friends, we did a bit of shopping and spent some great quality time together! Plus we were all asleep earlier because we didn't have to finish an episode of some show before turning off the tube! No one mentioned that they missed it or complained.  It was great!
So I am hear to tell you that miracles do happen!  I am grateful for the break away from home and the T.V!
Hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment